Mekong Delta is the lower part of the legendary Mekong River. From the Tibetan plateau, it runs through China, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia before coming to the South of Vietnam ... More info ›
Mekong Delta is the lower part of the legendary Mekong River. From the Tibetan plateau, it runs through China, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia before coming to the South of Vietnam. Its name in our land is “Nine Dragon River” because it’s divided into thousands of intermingled branches and rivers, and creates nine river mouths before drifting out to the Sea like the nine happy dragons of mythology. This package will introduce you one of the world’s most brilliant cultures with friendly and hospitable people, amazing scenery, tasty food, and thousands of smiles.
Day 1: DAY 1: SÀI GÒN – LOCAL VILLAGE – CẦN THƠ (LUNCH & DINNER)
Stop At: Mekong River, Long Xuyen 700000 Vietnam
Our guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel and drive around 2 hours to a local village by the Mekong River. We will stop on the way for refreshments and toilet.
• Upon arrival, we board a motor-boat and cruise along a vast network of canals and channels to enjoy wonderful views of the Mekong River.
• In your visits to some local cottage industries you can see a coconut candy workshop, try some snake wine, learn how to make pop-rice, or witness the process of making rice paper.
• We move to one of the island, here we visit a tropical fruit garden, listen to Vietnamese traditional music, and slowly enjoy getting in touch with local life by taking a hand-rowing sampan.
• Lunch is served at a riverside restaurant with 5-course Vietnamese food.
• Drive to Cần Thơ, the capital city of Mekong Delta. Upon arrival, we check in to a rustic homestay. Take a rest and enjoy a peaceful time within the authentic village. Tonight, you will join a cooking class guided by your local host and enjoy your wonderful dinner. Overnight in Cần Thơ.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Hotel in Can Tho
Day 2: DAY 2: CẦN THƠ – CÁI RĂNG FLOATING MARKET – SÀI GÒN (BREAKFAST & LUNCH)
Pass By: Mekong River, Long Xuyen 700000 Vietnam
Get up early; then have breakfast before taking a motor-boat along the river to Cái Răng floating market, the largest its kind, where colorful boats carrying juicy fruits and vegetables gather for daily exchanging.
We continue the cruise and walk on a quite country road to take in the magnificent scenery and get close to the residents as they go about their daily routines. Visit a flea market, a noodle factory, and tropical fruit gardens like papaya, mango, pineapple…
Spend a short time for cycling around the village will give you a fantastic way to experience local life. We say goodbye your host and drive back to Hồ Chí Minh City. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant on the way. Drop-off at your hotel or somewhere in District 1 as request. End of services.
***Please note that timing and itinerary are subject to change without notice. However, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan.
No accommodation included on this day.